3 tbsp (45 mL) Spectrum® Organic Olive Oil- Extra Virgin, divided
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pkg (500 g) Europe’s Best® Imperial Blend, frozen
1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried oregano
1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
2 cups (500 mL) tomato sauce
1/2 cup (125 mL) 35% whipping cream
1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped fresh basil, divided
1 cup (250 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup (60 mL) bread crumbs
2 tbsp (30 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Heat 2 tbsp (30 mL) Spectrum® Organic Olive Oil- Extra Virgin in large ovenproof skillet set over medium heat; cook onion and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in Europe’s Best® Imperial Blend, oregano, salt and pepper; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are slightly thawed.
2. Stir in tomato sauce and bring to simmer. Stir in cream and half of the basil; remove from heat. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Toss together bread crumbs, Parmesan and remaining oil; sprinkle over top.
3. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining basil before serving.
• For a crunchier topping, use panko bread crumbs.
• Add 1 can (540 mL) chickpeas or white beans for extra protein.