We strive to be the leading marketer, manufacturer and seller of organic and natural products by anticipating and exceeding consumer expectations in product quality, innovation, value and convenience. We are committed to growing our Company while continuing to implement environmentally sound business practices and manufacturing processes. To achieve our goals, we need the very best team of employees. We look forward to developing our future with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hain-Celestial Canada, a division of the US-based Hain Celestial Group, is a leading organic and natural products company with operations in North America, Europe and India. We provide consumers with superior food and personal care products for a healthier way of life. We are currently seeking a qualified individual to fill the role of SHIPPER for our Trenton Plant (6 MONTH CONTRACT).
The primary purpose of this position is to receive and record the movement of product, supplies and material to and from the facility in a safe and timely manner. Keep the warehouse tidy and organized. Provide the production floor with the supplies required to complete the days’ production, as well as remove the finished product in a timely manner.
This is a 6 MONTHS CONTRACT position with strong potential to become full-time.
We offer competitive rates! This position is paid at $18.00 per hour.
• Check incoming shipments and packages for completeness and damage
• Prepare items for shipment
• Prepare all shipping documents including bill of lading, packing list, custom forms and CTPAT checklist
• Complete daily shipping and receiving log
• Maintain accurate records of inventory levels and location; replenish as needed
• Conduct physical inventory count as required
• Prepare reports to carriers regarding damages or missing goods
• Manage and maintain material recycling and outside yard
• Rotation of product in the cooler and freezer with first-in-first-out (FIFO), checking product temperature prior to delivering
• Clean, organize and maintain warehouse and coolers
• Ensure segregation is maintained at all times for GMO/NGP/Allergens ingredients
• Ensure proper labeling of all products and that product is wrapped in a safe manner
• Pick ingredients for the following days production
• Provide sufficient product to areas to meet production requirements
• Communicate any concerns or deviations to supervisor in a timely manner
• Work in a professional manner within station and with other stations
• Work in a safe manner, being aware of things around you
• Perform other duties as required
• All employees are responsible for food and safety quality
• All employees are responsible to report food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action
COMPETENCIES (Behavioural & Technical Skills)
• Ability to safely operate pallet jack, forklift and scissor lift – with ticket
• Attention to detail and ability to maintain high degree of accuracy
• Ability to follow shipping and receiving policies, procedures and regulatory compliance
• Ability to communicate effectively in English (reading, writing and verbal)
• Ability to work efficiently and in an organized manner
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Basic computer skills
• Have the required HACCP knowledge for assigned station
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to focus on the task at hand
• Ability to work overtime and on weekends as required
• Reliable, and with an excellent attendance record
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Completion of Grade 12 with high school diploma preferred
Hain-Celestial Canada, ULC. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, disability, age, or veteran status. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
Required Fields are marked with a *
Thank you for your application.