We strive to be the leading marketer, manufacturer and seller of organic and natural products by anticipating and exceeding consumer expectations in product quality, innovation, value and convenience. We are committed to growing our Company while continuing to implement environmentally sound business practices and manufacturing processes. To achieve our goals, we need the very best team of employees. We look forward to developing our future with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hain Celestial Canada, a division of the US-based Hain Celestial Group, is a leading organic and natural products company. We provide consumers with superior food and personal care products for a healthier way of life. We are currently seeking a qualified individual to fill the role of SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST.
The Senior Human Resources Generalist will report to the VP, Human Resources (Toronto). They provide plant human resources support to ensure service and/or operating standards are met (internally and externally). They will also contribute to the design and development of processes, practices and methodologies in human resources; as well as to coordinate the human resources function which includes employee/labour relations, recruitment, job evaluation, benefits administration, health and safety and other projects as directed. Provides advice and counsels managers on HR issues. They will partner with and support other HR team members on HR related issues and organizational initiatives.
• Provide comprehensive HR support for operation (both hourly and staff employees) including resource optimization, employee/labour relations, benefits and compensation administration and organizational development
• Proactively working with people managers to ensure HR practices are being followed and effective HR planning is taking place
• Proactively identify potential organizational challenges and recommend and/or implement corrective action (progressive discipline)
• Strong knowledge of Labour Relations and experience working in a unionized environment
• Provide support in policy interpretation
• Handle high-risk employee/labour relations matters to minimize the negative impact to the individual and organization (escalated employee relations issues, legal concerns)
• Lead full cycle recruitment including: developing appropriate strategies to meet staffing requirements, posting positions, resume screening and interviewing, reference checking and negotiating/issuing offers
• Facilitate on-boarding for new hires
• Prepare, coordinate, and deliver HR training programs
• Administer hourly benefits and RRSP plan
• Spearhead and manage health and safety initiatives to ensure the plant is in compliance and any incidents are handled appropriately
• Oversee the management of WSBC compensation claims to reduce costs
• Participates on the Joint Health and Safety Committee
• Other duties as assigned
• Excellent oral and written communications, and ability to interact professionally with individuals at all levels throughout the organization
• A strong work ethic and ability to work with tight timelines
• Seen as a person of integrity and trust who can present the unvarnished truth in a direct and constructive manner, maintain confidentiality
• High energy and superb follow-through
• Detail-oriented, thorough and consistent
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to conduct presentations
• Comfortable working through ambiguous situations and advising senior management on appropriate course of action
• A passion for HR and business and working with a highly-functioning, dynamic, and results-oriented team
• Strong consultative, influencing, conflict management and facilitation skills
• Flexible in hours of work, as support is provided for employees doing shift work
• Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook
• Proficient in HRIS, ADP, EZLabor
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Bachelors degree in Business/Human Resources
• Completed CHRP designation strongly preferred
• 5+ years progressive HR experience in a unionized environment
• Strong knowledge of Human Rights Legislation, Health and Safety and Labour Standards Policies and Guidelines
• Understanding of BC/ON employment legislation application
Required Fields are marked with a *
Thank you for your application.