We strive to be the leading marketer, manufacturer and seller of organic and natural products by anticipating and exceeding consumer expectations in product quality, innovation, value and convenience. We are committed to growing our Company while continuing to implement environmentally sound business practices and manufacturing processes. To achieve our goals, we need the very best team of employees. We look forward to developing our future with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hain-Celestial Canada, a division of the US-based Hain Celestial Group, is a leading organic and natural products company with operations in North America, Europe and India. We provide consumers with superior food and personal care products for a healthier way of life. We are currently seeking a qualified individual to fill the role of Quality Assurance & Food Safety Associate (Full-time in Toronto Office).
The Quality Assurance & Food Safety Associate provides support on the research and investigation of quality issues related to consumer and/or manufacturing within co-manufacturers. The incumbent participates in onsite auditing to certify production compliance with established standards, as outlined by company policies and regulatory practices.
• Handles product inquiries for cross functional team and acts as Q&FS liaison between Hain and co-manufacturer. Partners with R&D to support new product development specification and commercialization.
• Conduct co-packer and supplier audits (GMP, Safety, and Food Safety) to ensure corporate standards are met
• Reports, investigates, responds to and resolves manufacturing quality issues and maintains documentation on corrective actions. Troubleshoots Quality and Food Safety issues, supports all processes to resolve product holds in a timely manner to minimize adverse financial impact and prevent inventory losses
• Develops and maintains Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for quality, food safety processes and specification database. Maintains data within internal databases
• Manage co-manufacturer projects for food and personal care products. Write and maintain specifications; ensure samples and sensory set up and coordination.
• Support Supply Chain in coordinating releases of products from various co packers. Manage review of production records to ensure appropriate specifications are met and all products released are compliant with specifications.
• Support all other departments in providing product specifications and technical information.
• Monitors, trends, and investigates consumer and customer complaints for each co-manufacturer
• Liaise with CFIA during implementation of the Canadian Safe Food Act; review and assess co-packer food safety plans
• May support personal care division in compliance documentation for Health Canada
COMPETENCIES (Behavioural & Technical Skills)
• Strong knowledge of HACCP, SQF, GFSI, GAP (Good Agricultural Practices), Allergen Control Procedures and Environmental Guidelines
• Must have 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing (preferably in a quality role)
• Good technical/common sense skills; quality management, quality tools and problem solving techniques
• Good oral communication and written skills
• Excellent team player as well as individual contributor
• Able to multitask and prioritize/adjust quickly to changing work environment with minimal supervision
• Must possess the ability to make sound judgment and decisions concerning quality and food safety
• Previous supervisory experience (preferred)
• Proficient with MS Office Suite, ERP systems
• Organized and focused, Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of the Consumer Product Goods Industry (preferred)
• Willingness to Travel
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Bachelors degree in food science/quality or related field plus 5 years experience in a food manufacturing industry
WHY WORK HERE?
• We offer a ‘Healthier Way of Life’ with our organic and natural products and are committed to social and environmental responsibility through our volunteering, outreach, and sustainability programs
• We offer a competitive benefit (health/dental) and retirement savings package with no waiting periods and a generous vacation plan
• We offer a business casual/jeans dress code where you can wear jeans every day!
• We offer flexible work hours, summer hours, and work from home one day per week
• We have a Social Committee that plans over 10 fun activities (Company BBQ, Holiday Party) throughout the year
• Fitness, Nutritional Classes, and Education Reimbursement Programs
• Healthy Snacks every Tuesday for employees
• Employee Product Sales & free products every year
Hain-Celestial Canada, ULC. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, disability, age, or veteran status. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
Required Fields are marked with a *
Thank you for your application.