We strive to be the leading marketer, manufacturer and seller of organic and natural products by anticipating and exceeding consumer expectations in product quality, innovation, value and convenience. We are committed to growing our Company while continuing to implement environmentally sound business practices and manufacturing processes. To achieve our goals, we need the very best team of employees. We look forward to developing our future with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hain Celestial Canada, a division of the US-based Hain Celestial Group, is a leading organic and natural products company with operations in North America, Europe and India. We provide consumers with superior food and personal care products for a healthier way of life. We are currently seeking a qualified individual to fill the role of QA Microbiologist/Scientist (Full-time, BC).
The Microbiologist/Scientist performs microbial testing/analysis, verifies all HCC products are compliant under regulatory authorities (CFIA & FDA) and assists the Quality Assurance department’s efforts in the continuous improvement of systems and procedures. This position ensures that all food safety and regulatory requirements are met or exceeded.
• Micro testing on products (projects; code determination; sensory and thermal studies)
• R&D shelf-life testing (New products, and new co-packer products)
• Laboratory Upkeep (supplies, 3rd party testing, media prep, etc)
• Identify, develop, set and ensure internal safety/quality standards and specifications based on desired characteristics as well as regulatory compliance
• Documentation and analysis (project reviews and micro analysis including COA). Projects involve implementation of safety/quality requirement, new products launch and continuous improvement process
• Generate, follow up and maintain HACCP/FSMA Program, Food Safety and Quality SOPs and checklists, QA incidents ’hold’ database, allergen program including planning schedule review, monthly trending reports, ingredient/packaging database, equipment calibration, adage tracking system and reference/permanent change notice
• Daily monitoring of CCP/CQP requirements and quality standards, including QA floor coverage and analytical
• Develop and conduct training programs (GMP, CCP/CQP, receiving, shipping, new project implementation, allergen etc.) for all employees
• Support and follow up during internal and external audits (Kosher, CFIA, FDA, SQF, Fraser Health, SAI Global, NGP, GFCO etc.)
• Interact and follow up with chemical and pest control service providers
• Communicate with outside warehouse regarding hold/release procedures
• All employees are responsible for food and safety quality
• All employees are responsible to report food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action
COMPETENCIES (Behavioural & Technical Skills)
• Good lab practices
• Strong knowledge of HACCP
• Ability to work a variety of shifts as required (morning, afternoon, graveyard and weekends)
• Good computer skills (MS Office)
• Ability to multitask and be organized with documentation/testing
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Work well in team environment as well as individual contributor
• Work individually with minimal supervision
• Good time management skills
• Strong technical/common sense skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Risk Assessment knowledge would be an asset
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• B. Sc. Degree in Microbiology/Food Science or other related field
• 3 – 5 years related experience in a food manufacturing industry
• HACCP Certificate
Required Fields are marked with a *
Thank you for your application.