We strive to be the leading marketer, manufacturer and seller of organic and natural products by anticipating and exceeding consumer expectations in product quality, innovation, value and convenience. We are committed to growing our Company while continuing to implement environmentally sound business practices and manufacturing processes. To achieve our goals, we need the very best team of employees. We look forward to developing our future with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hain-Celestial Canada, a division of the US-based Hain Celestial Group, is a leading organic and natural products company with operations in North America, Europe and India. We provide consumers with superior food and personal care products for a healthier way of life. We are currently seeking a qualified individual to fill the role of MILLWRIGHT, TRENTON PLANT (Full-time).
The Millwright services and maintains production machinery and production lines at Hain Celestial to maximize production up-time in a manner that complies with food safety standards and that upholds personal and employee health and safety practices.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform repairs and provide preventive maintenance
• Provide technical support and decision making during key breakdown situations
• Trouble shoots processing equipment as needed
• Understand the set up and tear down processes of equipment
• Work closely with production supervisors to schedule machine down time for repairs
• Requisition parts and materials related to maintenance
• Operate lathe and milling machine to repair and fabricate parts if needed
• Install and commission new machinery
• Provide training for junior mechanics
• Maintain boiler by performing daily checks and conducting water analysis
• Perform gas, tig and Arc welding as needed
• Work in a professional manner and with a positive and helpful mindset
• Strong awareness of health and safety issues; showing responsibility for oneself and others
• Perform other duties as instructed by supervisor
• Hands on knowledge of packing machines and processing equipment based on the food industry is a real asset
• Good understanding of vacuum pumps
• Excellent knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
• Good knowledge of Freon and Ammonia refrigeration systems is an asset
• Working knowledge of PLC and computerized machinery is an asset
• Proven ability to work independently and to plan priorities
• Ability to work in a team based environment and also work independently in a proactive manner
• Working cooperatively and positively to achieve the common goal of ongoing production
• Understand preventive maintenance concepts and knowledgeable about computerized work order systems
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to provide quality customer service
• Must be able to work together with team members of other trades and share the workload.
• Has a “Safety first and always” attitude towards work, oneself and the colleagues
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Millwright ticket and minimum 4 years’ experience in food processing plants
Hain-Celestial Canada, ULC. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, disability, age, or veteran status. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
Required Fields are marked with a *
Thank you for your application.