We strive to be the leading marketer, manufacturer and seller of organic and natural products by anticipating and exceeding consumer expectations in product quality, innovation, value and convenience. We are committed to growing our Company while continuing to implement environmentally sound business practices and manufacturing processes. To achieve our goals, we need the very best team of employees. We look forward to developing our future with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hain-Celestial Canada, a division of the US-based Hain Celestial Group, is a leading organic and natural products company with operations in North America, Europe and India. We provide consumers with superior food and personal care products for a healthier way of life. We have a brand new facility in Trenton, Ontario and have many new, exciting career opportunities available. We are currently seeking qualified individuals to fill the role of Maintenance Helper (Must be Flexible with Shift start times).
The Maintenance Helper provides coverage for the maintenance function by assisting with maintaining production machinery and production lines to maximize production uptime in a manner that complies with food safety standards and that upholds personal and employee health and safety practices.
• Prepare start-up shifts with the Leadhands and Machine operators
• Perform machine changeovers (Power pack, Swiftybagger and other machines if needed)
• Perform preventive maintenance, including boiler maintenance, spiral oven and spiral freezer daily maintenance
• Complete basic fabrication by cutting, welding and using power tools and hand tools
• Respond to work orders and calls from the Plant floor
• Assist maintenance team to install and commission new machinery
• Carry out building maintenance as required
• Help sanitation and production crew with disassembly and assembly production machinery
• Acts as back-up for the Electrician and Millwright as needed
• Provide mechanical oversight in all areas of plant operations and implements preventive equipment / machinery processes
• Has to be flexible with shift start and end times
• Strong awareness of health and safety issues; showing responsibility for oneself and others
• Perform other duties as instructed by supervisor and maintenance team lead
COMPETENCIES (Behavioural & Technical Skills)
• Good mechanical aptitude and hands on knowledge of tools
• General knowledge of packing machines and processing equipment is an asset
• Excellent knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
• General knowledge of Ammonia refrigeration systems is an asset
• Working knowledge of PLC and computerized machinery is an asset
• Proven ability to work independently and to plan priorities
• Ability to work in a team based environment and also work independently in a proactive manner; working cooperatively and positively to achieve the common goal of ongoing production
• Understand preventive maintenance concepts and knowledgeable about computerized work order systems
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to provide quality customer
• Must be able to work together with team members of other trades and share the workload
• Has a “Safety first and always” attitude towards work, oneself and the colleagues
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma plus appropriate technical training
• Good mechanical background or apprentice Millwright / Electrician
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in manufacturing plants
Hain-Celestial Canada, ULC. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, disability, age, or veteran status. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
Required Fields are marked with a *
Thank you for your application.