We strive to be the leading marketer, manufacturer and seller of organic and natural products by anticipating and exceeding consumer expectations in product quality, innovation, value and convenience. We are committed to growing our Company while continuing to implement environmentally sound business practices and manufacturing processes. To achieve our goals, we need the very best team of employees. We look forward to developing our future with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hain-Celestial Canada, a division of the US-based Hain Celestial Group, is a leading organic and natural products company with operations in North America, Europe and India. We provide consumers with superior food and personal care products for a healthier way of life. We are currently seeking a qualified individual to fill the full-time role of MACHINE OPERATOR – DAY & AFTERNOON SHIFT at our Trenton Plant.
The primary purpose of this position is to ensure the smooth, safe and efficient operation of the assigned machine through the utilization and implementation of the standard operating procedures.
We offer competitive rates! This position is paid at $18.00 per hour. The afternoon shift has a shift premium of 75 cents per hour.
• Knowledge of product handling and the ability to differentiate between products
• Know what production is required during shift
• Know how to set up and operate a minimum of three (3) machines
• Machine troubleshooting
• Communicate with other stations regularly to determine coordination of product flow
• Follow established quality specifications
• Accurate completion of documentation as required
• Work in a safe manner, being aware of things around you
• Strive to comply with the vision statement of Hain Celestial
• Communicate any concerns or deviations to supervisor in a timely manner
• Responsible for food safety and quality
• Responsible for reporting food safety problems to supervisor
• Work in a professional manner within station and with other stations
• All employees are responsible for food and safety quality
• All employees are responsible to report food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
• Perform other duties as instructed by supervisor
COMPETENCIES (Behavioural & Technical Skills)
• Ability to operate the equipment safely
• Strong mathematical and problem solving skills
• Ability to make judgment decisions based on activities in other departments
• Knowledge to perform continuous quality checks of product, looking for deviations
• Have the required HACCP knowledge for assigned station
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal contacts
• Product knowledge
• Ensure quality specifications are being met and proper documentation being filled out accurately
• Ability to use a pallet jack
• Ability to communicate effectively in English (reading, writing and verbal)
• Good hand / eye coordination
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Able to adapt and work in a continuously changing environment
• Ability to work efficiently and in an organized manner
• Ability to focus on the task at hand
• Ability to work overtime and on weekends as required
• Reliable with an excellent attendance record
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Completion of Grade 12 with high school diploma preferred
Hain-Celestial Canada, ULC. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, disability, age, or veteran status. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
Required Fields are marked with a *
Thank you for your application.