We strive to be the leading marketer, manufacturer and seller of organic and natural products by anticipating and exceeding consumer expectations in product quality, innovation, value and convenience. We are committed to growing our Company while continuing to implement environmentally sound business practices and manufacturing processes. To achieve our goals, we need the very best team of employees. We look forward to developing our future with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hain-Celestial Canada, a division of the US-based Hain Celestial Group, is a leading organic and natural products company with operations in North America, Europe and India. We provide consumers with superior food and personal care products for a healthier way of life. We have a brand new facility in Trenton, Ontario and have many new, exciting career opportunities available. We are currently seeking qualified individuals to fill the role of LEAD HAND (3 Positions – DAY or AFTERNOON SHIFTS / TRENTON PLANT).
The primary purpose of this position is to ensure the smooth, safe and efficient operation of the assigned machine through the utilization and implementation of the standard operating procedures.
• Know what production is required during shift
• Know and follow all company GMP’s
• Know what procedures to follow in the event of non compliance
• Knowledge of packaging and Best before dating requirements for Canada and US products
• Ensure safety in the work environment at all times
• Inform the Production Supervisor/Quality assurance personnel of any issues relating to safety, quality, production, employee performance or machinery in a timely manner
• Communicate with the Mixer and Operator to ensure excess mix isn’t made too early, and that all line speeds have been adjusted to ensure proper product flow
• Ensure quality is being met, target throughpuit is being achieved, and proper documentation is accurately completed
• Train new employees as required
• Have proper knowledge of product handling and the ability to differentiate between products
• Ability to set up machines
• Perform metal detector calibration and checks
• Ensure machinery is being used in a safe, productive manner
• Ensure that all employees within station are knowledgeable of all safety points & procedures
• Follow established quality specifications
• Communicate any concerns or deviations to Production Supervisor/Manager in a timely manner
• Follow established Lock out/Tag out procedures
• Be familiar with and able to follow the established evacuation procedure
• Immediately report any significant spills to Production Supervisor/Manager/QA
• Strive to comply with the vision statement of Hain Celestial
• Identify and suggest areas for improvement within your department
• Work in a professional manner within station and with other stations
• All employees are responsible to report food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
• Perform other duties as instructed by supervisor
COMPETENCIES (Behavioural & Technical Skills)
• Knowledge to perform continuous quality checks of product, looking for deviations
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal contacts
• Product knowledge
• Have the required HACCP knowledge for assigned station
• Ability to use a manual and power pallet jack
• Ability to communicate effectively in English (reading, writing and verbal)
• Good hand-eye coordination
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to adapt and work in a continuously changing environment
• Ability to work efficiently and in an organized manner
• Ability to focus on the task at hand and follow specified guidelines repeatedly
• Machine troubleshooting
• Accurate completion of proper documentation
• Ability to work on weekends and overtime as required
• Reliable with an excellent attendance record
• Check Spiral freezer and ensure correct product, retention time, and mode (Chill or Freeze) is selected
• Turn on and set up Powerpack or Swifty bagger as required
• Once the Powerpack forming plates have reached desired temperature, clean them of any residue to ensure a good seal, and run the machine with empty pockets until they reach the outfeed to ensure proper seal, alignment of film, and gas ratio
• Align conveyors, tables as required.
• Set up box forming and taping machines to the applicable case size required
• Set up IMAGE printer, and ensure it is printing the correct product information and Best Before date
• As soon as product starts exiting the Spiral freezer and has filled the first few packages, Calibrate the metal detector, following the established procedure so production can begin immediately
• Ensure correct pallets are being used for the applicable customer or destination
• Ensure boxes are being configured correctly on the pallets
• Ensure each pallet that leaves the area is labelled with case count, BB4 date, and marked either Frozen or Fresh
• Record any wastage, or non conformances, with reason for such, on production sheets
• Ensure that all partial pallets of finished products, packaging materials, and supplies are removed from the production area and returned to their designated space at the end of the shift
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Completion of Grade 12 with high school diploma preferred
Hain-Celestial Canada, ULC. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, disability, age, or veteran status. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
Required Fields are marked with a *
Thank you for your application.