White Bean and Ground Round Soup
- Total time :
- 40 mins
- Prep Time :
- 15 mins
- Cook Time :
- 25 mins
This hearty and healthy soup makes a comforting meal for lunch or dinner. Serve with crusty Italian bread.
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 pouch (312 g) Yves Veggie Cuisine® Ground Round - Original
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp (10 mL) finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- Pinch hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 cups (1 L) vegetable broth
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) diced tomatoes
- 3 cups (750 mL) chopped kale
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in large saucepan set over medium heat; cook ground round, onion, carrot, garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper, and hot pepper flakes (if desired) for about 5 minutes or until vegetables start to soften. Add vegetable broth, white beans and tomatoes; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender.
- Stir in kale; simmer for about 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in basil. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.
- Substitute sage for thyme or rosemary.
- Omit hot pepper flakes and substitute sweet or smoked paprika if desired.