Veggie Burger with Avocado and Thai Slaw
- Total time :
- 40 mins
- Prep Time :
- 10 mins
- Cook Time :
- 30 mins
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) creamy natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) hot water
- 4 cups (1 L) shredded cabbage
- 1 cup (250 mL) bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded carrots
- 1 Thai chili, seeded and thinly sliced
Peanut Dressing: Whisk together peanut butter, rice vinegar, lime juice, soy sauce, garlic and honey. Whisk in hot water, 1 tsp (5 mL) at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
Cabbage Slaw: Toss cabbage, bean sprouts, carrots and Thai chili with dressing; let stand for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, grill burgers according to package directions. Grill buns until lightly toasted. Sandwich burgers in buns with slaw and avocado. Serve with any remaining slaw on the side.