Vegetarian Chicken Curry with Green Beans
- Total time :
- 35 mins
- Prep Time :
- 15 mins
- Cook Time :
- 20 mins
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Spectrum Naturals® Canola Oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grated fresh ginger
- 1 pkg (340 g) Yves Veggie Cuisine® Chicken Ground Round
- 2-1/2 tsp (12 mL) garam masala*
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each: ground cumin and turmeric
- 1 cup (250 mL) green beans, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced sweet red pepper, about 1-inch (2.5 cm) long
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) Imagine® Organic Vegetable Broth
- Red finger chiles (optional)
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes or until soft. Stir in garlic and ginger; cook for 1 minute, stirring often.
- Stir in ground round breaking up with a spoon. Stir in garam masala, cumin and turmeric until well blended. Stir in green beans and peppers.
- Whisk cornstarch into broth; stir into ground mixture. Cover, reduce heat and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until green beans are tender.
- Top with sliced chilies or garnish with whole chilies. Serve with cooked basmati rice.
Makes 4 servings
Note: Garam Masala is a spice blend that contains cumin, ginger, pepper, cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaves, cloves and nutmeg. Mixtures vary in the spices they contain.