- Total time :
- 30 mins
- Prep Time :
- 15 mins
- Cook Time :
- 15 mins
Try this meatless version of a comforting Thai classic tonight, you’ll love it!
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 pkg (340 g) Yves Veggie Cuisine® Original Veggie Ground Round
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) matchstick carrots
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) MaraNatha® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) hot water
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sriracha
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sesame oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) honey*
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) bean sprouts
- 12 oz (375 g) wide rice noodles
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped toasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
*For a vegan option substitute honey with agave syrup.
1. In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
2. Cook ground round, onion and carrots for 5 to 7 minutes or until onion and carrots are softened.
3. Whisk together peanut butter, hot water, soy sauce, lime juice, sriracha, sesame oil, honey and garlic.
4. Stir into ground round mixture. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in bean sprouts.
5. Meanwhile, cook rice noodles according to package directions.
6. Spoon ground round mixture over noodles.
Garnish with peanuts and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.