Sausage and Egg Breakfast Quesadillas
- Total time :
- 30 mins
- Prep Time :
- 10 mins
- Cook Time :
- 20 mins
1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
1 pkg (380 g) Yves Veggie Cuisine® Sweet Italian Veggie Sausages, chopped
2 green onions, finely chopped
2 tbsp (30 mL) milk
1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
4 large whole wheat tortillas
1 cup (250 mL) shredded aged Cheddar cheese
Ketchup or sriracha hot sauce, for dipping
1. Heat oil in nonstick skillet set over medium heat; cook sausages for 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
2. Whisk together eggs, green onions, milk and salt; pour into skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until soft curds form.
3. On each tortilla, layer some cheese, then egg mixture, then some more cheese; fold over to enclose filling.
4. Wipe skillet clean and set over medium heat; toast quesadillas for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until cheese is melted and tortillas are crisp.
5. Cut quesadillas into wedges. Serve with ketchup or sriracha for dipping.
- Serve with salsa, guacamole or sour cream if desired.
- Add chopped pickled jalapeño pepper to eggs for an added kick.