- Total time :
- 15 mins
- Prep Time :
- 5 mins
- Cook Time :
- 10 mins
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 10 fresh tomatillos, husks removed
- 1 small sweet onion, cut lengthwise into thick slices
- 3 whole cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted and flesh scooped from the skin
- ½ cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 1 lime)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Spectrum Organic Flax Oil
1- Place the jalapeno peppers, tomatillos, onion, and garlic into a small-medium pot.
2- Add enough tap water to just cover the vegetables. Cover the pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
3- Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the tomatillos are just tender. Remove from the heat and cool for a few minutes.
4- Turn into the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade.
5- Add the avocados, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper.
6- Process for about 30 seconds or until smooth, stopping once to scrape down the sides of the bowl using a rubber spatula.
7- Taste for seasonings.
8- Stir in the Spectrum Organic Flax Oil.
9- Serve immediately or chilled.