Pumpkin Spice Almond French Toast
- Total time :
- 20 mins
- Prep Time :
- 10 mins
- Cook Time :
- 10 mins
Infused with warm and fragrant spices, this easy French toast is a delightful way to start your day.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) Almond Dream® Dairy Free Beverage
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) coconut oil (approx.)
- 8 slices day-old French or Italian bread (about 1/2-inch/1 cm thick)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) toasted natural sliced almonds
- Whisk together eggs, almond beverage, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and salt.
- In large nonstick skillet, melt half of the coconut oil over medium heat. Dip slices of bread into egg mixture; cook, in batches, for about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown, adding remaining coconut oil as needed.
- Serve French toast with drizzle of maple syrup and sprinkle of almonds.
Tip: Serve with fresh berries or sliced fruit, such as blueberries or pears.