Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese
- Total time :
- 25 mins
- Prep Time :
- 10 mins
- Cook Time :
- 15 mins
1/3 cup (75 mL) pizza sauce (approx.)
8 slices whole wheat bread
1 cup (250 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
1 pkg Yves Veggie Cuisine® Meatless Pepperoni slices
3 tbsp (45 mL) butter, softened
Sensible Portions® Garden Veggie Straws, Sea Salt
1. Spread pizza sauce over each slice of bread. Layer cheese and pepperoni over sauce on half of the bread. Top with remaining slices of bread, sauce side in. Spread butter over outside of each sandwich.
2. Heat skillet over medium-low heat; fry sandwiches in batches for about 3 minutes per side or until golden and cheese is melted.
3. Serve with Veggie Straws and additional pizza sauce for dipping.
• Add diced red or green pepper to sandwich if desired.
• Add sliced green or black olives to sandwich if desired.