Game Day Open-Face Veggie Sausage Sandwiches
- Total time :
- 40 mins
- Prep Time :
- 10 mins
- Cook Time :
- 30 mins
- 1 each red and green pepper, seeded and cut into eighths
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 pkg (380 g) Yves Veggie Cuisine® Spicy Italian Sausages, sliced in half lengthwise
- 4 slices Italian bread
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sauerkraut
- 4 slices havarti or vegan cheese
1. Preheat grill to medium heat; grease grates well. Toss together peppers, onion and oil. Thread onion wedges onto soaked wooden skewers; grill peppers and onions for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until tender. Set aside.
2. Grill sausage halves, turning once, for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until well marked and heated through. Grill bread until lightly toasted on both sides.
3. Place sausages on bread; top with peppers, onions and sauerkraut. Top with cheese. Place on grill over indirect heat; close lid and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Tip: Alternatively, grill peppers and onions in a grill basket.