Fire Roasted Sweet Potato Hummus with Pine Nuts
- Total time :
- 10 mins
- Prep Time :
- 10 mins
- Cook Time :
- 0 mins
• 625mL (2 ½ cups) Europe’s Best® Fire Roasted Sweet Potato Slices, cooked according to package directions and cooled
• 19oz/540mL (1 can) chick peas, drained
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped
• 75mL (1/3 cup) tahina (sesame seed paste)
• 75mL (1/3 cup) yogurt or water
• 45mL (3 tbsp) olive oil
• 45mL (3 tbsp) lemon juice
• 4mL (3/4 tsp) salt
• 2mL (1/2 tsp) ground cumin
• 50mL (1/4 cup) toasted pine nuts or slivered almonds
• 30mL (2 tbsp) chopped fresh mint or cilantro
1. In a food processor, combine sweet potatoes, chick peas and garlic. Puree until coarsely chopped.
2. Add tahina, yogurt or water, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and cumin. Puree until smooth and creamy.
3. Taste for seasoning and thin with additional water if desired. Transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with pine nuts and mint. Serve with pita breads, toasts or fresh vegetables.
• For a spicier version, add ¼ tsp (1mL) hot pepper sauce