12 oz (375 g) broad rice noodles
1/2 pkg (200 g) firm tofu, well drained
1 tsp (5 mL) nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground ginger and turmeric
1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
1/3 cup (75 mL) vegetable oil, divided
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
1 pouch (312 g) Yves Veggie Cuisine® Ground Round
1/2 cup (125 mL) Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
2 tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
1 tbsp (30 mL) tamarind paste
1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh cilantro leaves
2 green onions, sliced into 2-inch (5 cm) lengths
4 Thai chili peppers
1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped roasted peanuts
1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse; set aside. Crumble tofu and set aside.
2. Stir together nutritional yeast, ground ginger, turmeric and salt.
3. Heat 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the oil in large skillet set over medium heat; add tofu. Add ground ginger mixture; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
4. Heat remaining oil in same skillet; sauté garlic and fresh ginger for 3 minutes. Add noodles, ground round, Thai chili sauce, soy sauce, tamarind paste, lime juice, and 1/4 cup (60 mL) water; cook for 5 minutes.
5. Return tofu mixture to skillet; stir in cilantro and green onions until heated through.
6. Garnish with Thai chili peppers, peanuts and lime wedges.
Tip: Serve with additional chili sauce if desired.