Creamy Vegan Carbonara
- Total time :
- 20 mins
- Prep Time :
- 10 mins
- Cook Time :
- 10 mins
12 oz (340 g) linguine
2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
1 pkg (156 g) Yves Veggie Cuisine® Veggie Bacon Strips, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2/3 cup (150 mL) Almond Dream® Dairy Free Beverage, Enriched Original Unsweetened
4 tsp (20 mL) Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
3 tbsp (45 mL) lemon juice
1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
1/4 tsp (1 mL) red chili flakes
- Cook linguine according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/3 cup (75 mL) pasta water.
- Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook veggie bacon, onion and garlic for about 5 minutes or until bacon is golden and onion is softened.
- Add pasta, reserved pasta water, almond beverage, mustard, salt and pepper to skillet; toss well. Cook for about 2 minutes or until well coated. Stir in lemon juice. Sprinkle parsley and chili flakes over top.
• Add broccoli florets or peas to pasta during the last few minutes of cooking if desired.
• For more heat, add freshly ground pepper or extra chili flakes.