Couscous Chick Pea Salad
- Total time :
- 20 mins
- Prep Time :
- 15 mins
- Cook Time :
- 5 mins
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Spectrum® Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice (not bottled)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp (7 mL) ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground coriander
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Make couscous according to package directions, using vegetable broth. Fluff with fork when all liquid has been absorbed.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in chick peas, currants, peppers, onion, mint and parsley.
- Dressing: In a small bowl whisk together oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin and coriander until well blended.
- Stir dressing into salad. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in pine nuts just before serving.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Variations: Replace currants with dried cranberries or chopped dried apricots. Replace pine nuts with toasted slivered almonds.