Coconut Pavlova with Summer Fruit Salad
- Total time :
- 75 mins
- Prep Time :
- 15 mins
- Cook Time :
- 60 mins
• 3 egg whites
• 175 mL (3/4 cup) granulated sugar
• 5 mL (1 tsp) cornstarch
• 5 mL (1 tsp) plain vinegar
• 125 mL (1/2 cup) shredded coconut
• 600 g (1 bag) Europe's Best® Summer Fruit Salad, defrosted
• 15 mL (1 tbsp) honey or maple syrup
• 500 mL (2 cups) ice cream or sherbet
1. For the pavlova, in a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Slowly add sugar with mixer running and beat until mixture is glossy and very thick, about 5 minutes. Beat in cornstarch. Gently fold in coconut.
2. Spoon 6 (or 8, for smaller) dollops onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Make a shallow indentation in centre. Bake in a preheated 250ºF (120ºC) oven for 1 hour, or until pavlovas are crisp to touch. Turn off oven and leave to cool. Once cooled, store in an airtight container for up to two days.
3. To serve, toss Europe’s Best Summer Fruit Salad with maple syrup or honey if using. Place individual pavlovas on serving plates. Top with a scoop ice cream and spoon over fruit.
Pavlovas can be stored in an airtight container for 2 days or frozen for up to 1 week. If frozen, serve straight from the freezer.