Chilled Fruit Starter with Spicy Salsa
- Total time :
- 15 mins
- Prep Time :
- 15 mins
- Cook Time :
- 0 mins
• 600 g (1 bag) Europe's Best® Caribbean Treasure™ Frozen Fruit, defrosted
• 250 mL (1 cup) fruit juice (mango, apple, pineapple or orange)
• 30 mL (2 tbsp) lemon or lime juice
• 15 mL (1 tbsp) maple syrup or honey
• 250 mL (1 cup) finely diced cucumber
• 30 mL (2 tbsp) chopped fresh dill, cilantro or parsley
• 15 mL (1 tbsp) chopped fresh jalapeno pepper
• 15 mL (1 tbsp) lemon or lime juice
1. In a blender or food processor, purée fruit (in batches if necessary). Add fruit juice, lemon juice and maple syrup. Add extra juice if thinner consistency desired. Transfer to pitcher or bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. For the salsa, in a bowl, combine cucumber, dill, pepper and lime juice.
3. Stir soup. Serve in chilled bowls or glasses. Garnish with salsa.
Soup can be prepared, covered and refrigerated up to one day ahead.
• For an alternative garnish, top each serving with chilled yogurt or sour cream, fresh blueberries and shredded fresh mint.
• The starter portion of the recipe can also be used as a dessert sauce.
• Recipe can also be halved.