Bruschetta: Marinated Tomatoes and Shallots on Grilled Bread
- Total time :
- 70 mins
- Prep Time :
- 65 mins
- Cook Time :
- 5 mins
- ½ cup Spectrum Organic Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Spectrum Organic Red Wine Vinegar or Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 8 ripe Roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely minced
- 6 thick slices of French or Italian country style bread ¾” thick
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt to taste
1- Marinate the tomatoes and shallots in the olive oil and vinegar for at least one hour.
2- Stir in the basil and season with salt and pepper.
3- Grill or toast the bread and rub each slice generously with the raw garlic.
4- Arrange the bread slices on a serving dish.
5- Spoon the tomatoes and shallots over the toast.
6- Garnish with the fresh parsley and serve immediately.