Black Bean and Avocado Couscous Bowl
- Total time :
- 20 mins
- Prep Time :
- 12 mins
- Cook Time :
- 8 mins
This hearty couscous bowl is perfect for lunch on it’s own or as a side dish at dinner.
- 1 cup (250 mL) Casbah® Original Couscous
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) drained rinsed black beans
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded carrots
- 1 cup (250 mL) alfalfa sprouts
1. Make couscous according to package directions; toss with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
2. Stir black beans, parsley and green onions into couscous.
3. Divide among 4 bowls; top evenly with sliced avocado, shredded carrots and alfalfa sprouts.
Tip: Serve with tofu, chicken or fish for added protein.