Baked Veggie Straw Chicken Bites
- Total time :
- 25 mins
- Prep Time :
- 10 mins
- Cook Time :
- 15 mins
Baked instead of fried, these crispy chicken bites make a tasty snack or appetizer.
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each garlic powder and paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups (500 mL) crushed Sensible Portions™ Garden Veggie Straws - Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch (5 cm) pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). In shallow dish, combine flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. In another dish, place eggs. In third dish, combine crushed veggie straws with olive oil. Coat chicken with seasoned flour. Dip in beaten egg, then coat in veggie straws mixture.
- Arrange in single layer on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes or until chicken is crispy and cooked through.
Tip: Serve with your favourite dip; try honey mustard, plum sauce, tzatziki sauce or ranch dressing.