Asparagus and Chèvre Pizza
- Total time :
- 50 mins
- Prep Time :
- 20 mins
- Cook Time :
- 30 mins
• 150 g (1/2 bag) Europe's Best® Asparagus Spears, frozen
• 1/2 pkg (14 oz/397g ) frozen puff pastry, thawed
• 250 mL (1 cup) grated Mozzarella, Fontina or Provolone cheese
• 30 mL (2 tbsp) chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
• 90 g (3 oz) crumbled chevre (goat cheese)
• 2 green onions, finely chopped
• 15 mL (1 tbsp) olive oil
1. Cook asparagus according to package directions until tender crisp (slightly undercooked). Blot dry with kitchen towel. Trim stem ends slightly. Cut spears into ¼-inch (1 cm) pieces. Reserve.
2. On a lightly floured surface. Roll pastry to a 10-inch (26 cm) circle or square. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Prick pastry all over with fork.
3. Spread shredded cheese over base. Arrange asparagus and sun-dried tomatoes over cheese. Top with chevre and onions. Drizzle with olive oil.
4. Bake in a preheated 400ºF (200ºC) oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown and pastry is cooked.
• Frozen puff pastry is available in small frozen blocks or rolled sheets. Either will work. The pre-rolled sheets are approximately 10 inches (26 cm) square, so minimal rolling is necessary. They are often rolled in parchment paper, so use that paper for baking.
• Most packages of puff pastry contain either two “blocks” or sheets. Since this dish is quick to assemble, make two pizzas when there are more guests. Two pizzas would also use the full packages of asparagus spears.
• Pizza can be assembled, covered lightly with plastic wrap and refrigerated up to three hours earlier.