Asparagus Pesto, Ricotta and Pancetta Flatbread
- Total time :
- 55 mins
- Prep Time :
- 15 mins
- Cook Time :
- 40 mins
- 1 bag (300 g) Europe’s Best® Asparagus Spears, defrosted and cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed fresh basil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted walnut pieces
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) olive oil
- 1 lb (500 g) pizza dough
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 cup (250 mL) ricotta cheese
- 4 oz (125 g) diced pancetta, fried until crisp and drained
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby arugula
1. Cook asparagus in pot of boiling water for 2 minutes; drain and run under cold water. Pat dry. Add asparagus, basil, walnuts, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper to food processor; pulse to combine. With motor running, add olive oil in thin, steady stream until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
2. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Grease rimmed 15- x 10-inch (38 x 25 cm) baking sheet. On lightly floured surface, roll out dough and stretch gently into 14- x 9-inch (35 x 23 cm) rectangle. Transfer to prepared pan; spread 1/2 cup (125 mL) asparagus pesto over dough. Top with ricotta and pancetta. Sprinkle Parmesan over top.
3. Bake on bottom rack of oven for about 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Top with arugula before serving.
Tip: For a quick and simple pasta dish, toss remaining pesto with cooked penne.