Asian Lettuce Wraps
- Total time :
- 22 mins
- Prep Time :
- 15 mins
- Cook Time :
- 7 mins
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) each: shredded carrot, diced English cucumber, diced sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) each: chopped green onion, chopped fresh coriander
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garden ground, garlic and gingerroot. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in hoisin sauce and sesame oil. Add chile peppers or pepper sauce, to taste. Reduce heat to low; cook for 5 minutes.
- Place about 3 tbsp (45 mL) veggie filling on each lettuce leaf. Add toppings. Roll up lettuce.
Makes 4 portions (2 wraps per portion)