4-Field Berry Parfait
- Total time :
- 20 mins
- Prep Time :
- 10 mins
- Cook Time :
- 10 mins
• 30 mL (2 tbsp) cold water
• 15 mL (1 tbsp) cornstarch
• 600 g (1 pkg) Europe's Best® frozen 4-Field Berry Mix
• 125 mL (1/2 cup) sugar • 50 mL (1/4 cup) candied ginger, chopped (optional)
• 30 mL (2 tbsp) lemon or orange juice Yogourt Filling:
• 500 mL (2 cups) The Greek God's Traditional Plain Greek Style Yogurt Organic
• 30 mL (2 tbsp) brown sugar, maple syrup or honey (optional)
1. Combine water and cornstarch. Reserve.
2. Place remaining filling ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil stirring occasionally. Let mixture boil for 1 minute. Meanwhile, stir reserved cornstarch mixture and add to boiling fruit. Simmer for 1-2 minutes until fruit has thickened. Cool and refrigerate until ready to use. Can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.
3. Combine yogourt and sugar. Can be refrigerated for up to 2-3 days.
4. Use 3/4 cup (175 mL) cold filling and 1/2 cup (125 mL) yogourt, layer in glass or small bowl. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup (50 mL) topping if desired.
• Fruit filling can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 5 days. Keep on hand using for breakfast, after school snack or for a quick dessert.
• For a burst of tropical flavour, try using Europe's Best Sunburst Mango.